Scholarships for Study Abroad
If you are an NJCU University scholarship recipient, you can spend a semester at any of NJCU’s Direct Exchange Partners and receive funding for your tuition.
Please note the following guidelines for using University Scholarships to study abroad
- Funds may only be used for direct exchange programs in which tuition and fees are paid to NJCU. Program Providers are not eligible.
- Scholarship funds may only be applied to tuition and fees for direct exchange programs. Room and board costs, personal expenses, and any other charges from the host university are the student’s responsibility. If the student is eligible, Federal Student Loans can be used for these expenses.
- Students must complete at least 12 credits each semester- withdrawals are not permitted if they reduce the number of credits below 12. Failure to complete 12 credits each semester will result in termination of a University Scholarship.
Other Scholarships for Study Abroad
There are several other scholarships available for students who would like to study abroad. Some provider programs such as ISA and CEA offer scholarships on their website available to students studying abroad through their programs.
FEA is committed to increasing the opportunities for dedicated American students to participate in high-quality, rigorous education abroad programs by reducing financial restrictions through the provision of grants and scholarships.
National Security Education Program (Boren Scholarships)
For students who want to learn foreign languages critical to US interest, this is a government funded program focused on alternative Study Abroad options with emphasis on languages and countries not commonly available in traditional programs.
Foundation for Global Scholars
The Foundation for Global Scholars offers 4 different scholarship opportunities with different eligibility requirements and award amounts. Please refer to the website for further information about the following scholarship opportunities:
- Foundation for Global Scholars General Scholarship
- STA Travel Scholar Award
- Diversity Abroad / GlobaLinks Learning Abroad Scholarship
- Banks Family Scholarship
- Freeman Asia Scholarship
- Japan Student Services Organization Scholarships for Study in Japan
- Association of Teachers of Japanese Scholarships Japanese Government Scholarship Program
- IIE Scholarship Resources
- BUTEX North American Scholarships- For students interested in studying abroad in the United Kingdom. This program encourages the exchange of information between the U.S and the U.K as well as the promotion of UK higher education in the U.S.
- Glimpse Correspondents Program Grants- In association with National Geographic, this program will grant $600 and editorial professional support to students specializing in Writing, Photography and Video as well as guaranteed publication in National Geographic Glimpse in print or online.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund- The HSF is the nation’s leading organization supporting Latino higher education. This organization offers an extensive variety of scholarships encompassing different types of students from graduation High School students, community college students and both undergraduate and graduate students in traditional universities.
- Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) :German Academic Exchange Service- Institutions of higher education in the Federal Republic of Germany, whose goal is to promote closer international relations among universities and other institutions of higher education, especially through the exchange of individual students and scholars.
- Hispanic Study Abroad Scholars (HSAS)- The HSAS Scholarship offers $1,000 per semester to students of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) attending Global Learning Semesters programs.
- Qalam wa Lawh Center for Arabic Studies Selected students will be immersed in intensive Arabic language classes as well as other cultural programs such as cooking, calligraphy, and trips to venues of cultural interest and significance throughout Morocco. The scholarship covers all costs of tuition and housing for the duration of the semester.
Please contact our office if you would like more information.