ACCEPTED STUDENTS: APPLYING FOR YOUR VISA DOCUMENTS
After you have been admitted to NJCU, you must apply for an I20. The I20 application has three parts:
- Online data form
- Affidavit of sponsorship Click Here for information on costs.
- Transfer form (only for students currently in the US with an F1 visa)
If you are currently in the US with an F1 visa, you must submit copies of your passport ID page, visa and previous I-20’s
After your application for an I-20 is complete, your visa documents will be mailed to you.
Receiving Your Admission Documents
NJCU will send your documents by airmail free of charge (overseas mail takes approximately 4-6 weeks or longer). Express mail services are available at your own expense. Our office uses eShipGlobal to coordinate express mailing. Please complete the following steps to request this service.
- Visit the eShipGlobal website (viewed best with Internet Explorer & Mozilla Firefox browsers).
- Complete the account registration form. After registering, you will receive an email requesting that you activate your account. This is required for you to begin using the account.
- Follow the instruction in the email you receive to activate your account. Once the activation process is complete, you will receive another email to confirm.
- Prepare the shipping label. Select "Receive a Package From Universities," then “New Jersey” from the map of the United States, then “New Jersey City University” and “Office of International Programs.” You should enter your NJCU ID number, which was included in the acceptance letter that was emailed to you. At the end of the screen, select “ship/quote.” You will receive a quote and have the option to choose your carrier – FedEx, UPS, or DHL. You will also select your method of payment (i.e. credit card or wire transfer). Please pay close attention to the information you submit; incorrect or incomplete information will result in a delay in the mailing of your documents.
- The final email you receive from eShipGlobal will confirm your order and provide detailed information about your shipment. The NJCU International Office will receive a copy of this email and ship your documents.
If you experience any difficulty in registering and processing the shipment, please use the “Help” link in the eShipGlobal website for step-by-step instructions. If you have questions about how to use this service, please contact email@example.com. For inquiries related to your admission, please email firstname.lastname@example.org