International Student Housing
YOUR HOME AWAY FROM HOME
Students can live in one of the three residences and enjoy the opportunity to experience campus life, meeting new people and learning in a multicultural environment outside the classroom. The residences are conveniently located close to classes, library, athletics and fitness center, and campus events. Housing is available to all interested students.
Each student Residence offers personal coverage, 24 hour security, on-site laundry, kitchen, study rooms, computer labs, and computer capabilities online. Meal plans are included and campus housing residents are invited to participate in a variety of service to the educational community and recreational programs offered by the Office of Residence Life.
- The new NJCU West Campus Residence Hall will open in Summer 2016
- Live close to New York City, without the high living cost of New York
- Live on campus and meet American students
For more information, click HERE.
APPLYING FOR HOUSING
If you plan to live on campus during your studies, you must apply for housing. Information about NJCU housing options is HERE.
- Complete the on-line International Student Housing Application HERE.
- A non refundable ** $150 housing deposit is required to hold your space in a room. The deposit can be paid by credit card. For payment information email firstname.lastname@example.org
** The deposit will be refunded ONLY if you are unable to attend NJCU because of a problem with your visa.
Submit Student Health Forms. You can return them by email to email@example.com
Things you need to know:
General information and answers to "Frequently Asked Questions" are HERE.
- Move-in: The semester's move-in date is included in the letter you will receive after your housing has been approved. If necessary, you may check in one day before the official move-in. For example, if move-in day is September 1, you can check in to your room on August 31 and September 1. Please let us know well in advance if you need to arrive early so that we can make arrangements for you to access your room.
- Room items: We will provide you with bed linens, a shower curtain, a pillow, toilet paper and clothes hangers for $35. Please let us know in advance if you would like to receive these items.
- Laundry: Each Residence hall is equipped with washers and dryers. There is no charge to use them. You must provide your own laundry detergent.
- Your arrival on campus: If you fly to Newark airport (EWR) will we provide transportation to NJCU on the official move-in day and the day before. For example, if move-in day is September 1, we will assist you with transportation from Newark airport on August 31 and September 1.
- Off-campus housing: NJCU cannot assist you with finding housing outside of the university. Like any major city, Jersey City has good and bad areas. Although you are free to live anywhere, we strongly suggest that you at least live on campus during your first semester so that you have time to learn about the region.