NJCU welcomes visiting students. Please join us for an exciting experience in the cultural and financial center of the US-- the New York Metro area. NJCU has exchange agreements with many universities around the world. Students from these partner universities who wish to come to NJCU as visiting students should take the following steps:
- Meet with your home university advisor to confirm that you are eligible to participate in an exchange.
- Once confirmed, prepare the online Exchange Student Data Form.
- Course descriptions and class schedules are available HERE
- Submit a copy of your university transcript by email to email@example.com
- If English is not the language of instruction at your university, submit a copy of TOEFL or IELTS scores by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for English proficiency requirments.
- Submit proof of funding
Costs for exchange students vary depending upon the agreement between universities. Some students are responsible for resident tuition, but others have tuition waived. Please contact the Office of International Programs to confirm if your tuition is waived. Sponsors should prepare the Affidavit of Sponsorship and provide documentation of financial resources [bank statements or statement of income]. Submit proof of financial support by email to email@example.com.
Exchange Visitors with J-1 visas are required to have health insurance that meets standards set out by the US State Department for the duration of their visit to the United States. An exchange visitor's program will be terminated if they do not maintain insurance. Insurance may be purchased in the home country or in the US. Proof of insurance is required within 30 days of the start of the exchange visitor's program. Insurance coverage must contain:
- Medical benefits of at least $100,000 per accident or illness;
- Repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000;
- Medical evacuation coverage in the amount of $50,000; and
- Deductibles not to exceed $500 per accident or illness.
Once we have received your documents, we will send you a form DS2019 and information on applying for a J1 visa.