IT Policies and Procedures
The Department of Information Technology provides guidance on the appropriate use of computing resources and information technology offered by New Jersey City University through the development and publication of policies, procedures, and guidelines. All documentation is vetted and approved by the Technology Steering Committee, which includes members representing key departments from all divisions.
- University Communications Policy
- Email Policy
- Email Security Policy
- Email Security Guidelines
- Telecommunications Policy
- Telephone Protocol Guidelines
- Website Governance Policy
- Website Development Guidelines
Self-help documents for these services are available from the IT Support Email and Telephone pages
- NJ State Document Retention Schedule Summary
This document is a summary of the NJ S51000-001 thru S511014-001 Retention Schedules. Please note that the source link provided in the state document is no longer valid. It will take you to a "domain for sale" page.
- Managing Electronic Mail: Guidelines and Best Practices Summary
This document is a summary of the NJ Circulation Letter 03-10-ST Email Retention Guidelines.
INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGING ELECTRONIC MAIL: GUIDELINES AND BEST PRACTICES
- Data Collection Policy
- Information Security Policy
- Handling Sensitive Information
- Data Confidentiality Policy
- Desktop Security Guidelines
COMPUTER HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE
- Assignment of University-owned PC's & Peripherals to Employees
- Non-Standard Hardware & Software Policy
- Hardware & Software Acquisition Policy
- Computing Hardware Disposal Policy
- Inventory Transfer and Disposal Form (access on the Controller's website)
NETWORKING & TELECOMMUNICATIONS
- Network Storage Policy & Procedures
- Remote Network Access Policy
- Wireless Networking Policy & Procedures
- Office Moves, Renovation and Reconfiguration
Self-help documents for these services are available from the IT Support, Network Services page.