NJCU's Professional Education and Lifelong Learning (PELL) provides customized training programs designed to meet your unique needs. We recognize that each organization is unique with specific training requirements. We offer free consultation and work closely with your representatives to create a customized training program that meets your unique needs.
Download a PDF of this page (pdf)
Why offer a professional development program? As Inc. Magazine reported in June 2018, “Employee development helps you attract and keep great employees, saves you time and money, and gives you an opportunity to look into the future as you prepare people for their next level of training.” REQUEST FOR MORE INFORMATION
To help organizations achieve and sustain growth in today’s VUCA world, NJCU’s Division of Professional Education and Lifelong Learning (PELL) offers the following customized training classes. The list of customized training classes closely matches the list of skills employees will need to develop as outlined in the 2018 Future of Jobs Report published by The World Economic Forum. Each class can be taught on-site and customized in terms of training hours and learning objectives.
- Understanding the basics of effective business writing.
- Developing your emotional intelligence.
- Defining leadership and management roles.
- Learning English as a Second Language/Spanish as a Second Language.
- Facilitating an effective strategic planning process.
- Enhancing soft skills.
- Communicating your value.
- Building a more effective team through self-awareness.
- Increasing your emotional intelligence.
- Improving creativity and the acceptance of new ideas.
Let PELL help you with your professional development and training needs today.
- We analyze your needs - Your challenges are unique. Your training should be too. We will work with you to assess your training needs by taking the time to listen and understand your challenges. We help you identify gaps between what you have and what you need. From there we determine the focus of the customized training program.
- We design the project - Once we have identified your needs, we develop and present a training proposal based on specific learning objectives. We develop a cost-effective proposal that will include recommendations on curriculum, staffing, and associated costs.
- We develop the curriculum - We work with your staff to develop curriculum and delivery methods that meet the unique requirements of your organization.
- We deliver the services - We deliver customized training to your employees, using the training venue that meets your timeline, schedule and preferred location. We can deliver training at one of our campuses, at your site, or online. The choice is yours.
- We evaluate the training - Did we meet your objectives? We conduct post-training evaluations and report the results to you.
For more information please contact Dr. Michael Edmondson, Dean, Professional Education and Lifelong Learning.