Asynchronous Writing Coaching
Asynchronous Writing Coaching appointments are available for doctoral students. Appointments may be booked by visiting the Hub’s remote reception desk via Zoom.
Asynchronous Writing Coaching protocol:
- Student books an appointment via the reception desk
- Student emails paper to email@example.com at least 1 hour prior to the appointment. (MS Word document)
- Student may include topics for inquiry, for example:
- Please review for general mechanics (grammar/usage)
- Do themes or inquiries require more development?
- APA citations, references, and formatting
- Writing Coach reviews the paper during the appointed time and provides track comments
- Writing Coach emails paper to the student once the appointment is over (usually within 20 minutes)
- Student revises paper
- Student books additional appointments as necessary
As a note, Writing Coaches usually complete about five pages per session; however, the amount of pages completed depends on the amount of assistance required. Additional remote writing sessions may be required.