NJCU PRSSA Chapter
Join the NJCU Chapter of PRSSA
The NJCU Chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America (NJCU PRSSA) was established in 2020 as the 10th campus chapter in New Jersey and joins hundreds of other student chapters around the world.
The NJCU PRSSA Chapter meets once each month and aims to advance members' understanding of Marketing, Public Relations, and related fields. Members of NJCU PRSSA regularly welcome accomplished guest speakers, network, gain leadership skills, hone their Marketing capabilities, and more. NJCU PRSSA’s goal is to advance marketing/public relations professions by advocating for rigorous academic standards in education, ethical principles, and diversity.
Get on the NJCU PRSSA email list to learn about great internships and job opportunities, guest speakers and ways to build up your portfolio by emailing one of the Chapter Executive Board members below. Be sure to follow NJCU PRSSA on Instagram and Twitter.
Top 10 Benefits of Membership in NJCU PRSSA
- Enhance your knowledge – Members gain free access to professional webinars, covering a wide variety of Marketing-related topics, as well as industry related publications, research, and content through international organizations of PRSSA (see www.prssa.org) and PRSA (see www.prsa.org).
- Grow your network – Members get to know like-minded NJCU students and faculty and speak with accomplished professionals.
- Make meaningful connections – Members meet and engage with a diverse group of peers and professionals from PRSSA and PRSA chapters all around the world.
- Stay up to date – Members stay current on industry news and trends from PRSA’s monthly newsletter Strategies and Tactics, blog posts, and more.
- Fund your education – Members can apply for more than $30,000 in scholarships available only to PRSSA members.
- Find internships and jobs –Members have exclusive access to the professional PRSA Internship and Job Center.
- Differentiate yourself – Members can impress employers and better prepare for interviews by utilizing PRSSA’s career tools and preparation resources.
- Earn recognition – Members can compete in individual and chapter events for cash prizes, such as the “Bateman Case Study Competition.”
- Gain hands-on experience – Members earn experience in leadership roles, event hosting, developing Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) plans for real-life clients, and more!
- Get Certified – Only PRSSA members are eligible to take the Certificate in Principles of Public Relations Exam. This certification demonstrates to employers a deep understanding of essential marketing/public relations capabilities. See www.prcertificate.org for more.