This trip will focus on the Swedish model of education. It is primarily for undergraduate and graduate education majors, but students in disciplines that are connected to the education field such as psychology, sociology, nursing, fitness/exercise sports, social work, and the Arts are welcome to participate.
Activities include visits to preschools, discussions with teachers, visit to a university to meet educators, sightseeing.
Tentative Travel Dates: May 13- May 22, 2022
Cost: $1,950. Cost includes:
- Airfare from Newark
- Housing (apartment-style with 2-3 persons per room)
- Airport and Public Transportation
- Tourist Site Admissions
The trip charge will be added to participants’ term bills
Not Included: Meals, Personal Expenses, COVID testing fees (if any)
General Information and Requirements
- Participants agree to abide by all rules established by the Trip Leaders and review the following:
- The NJCU Student Code of Conduct
- The NJCU Study Abroad Code of Conduct
- US State Department information on travel to Sweden
- Participants must register with the US State Dept STEP program
Passports and Visas
- Participants must have a passport that is valid at least three months beyond the trip date. US Citizens do not require visas to visit Sweden. If you are not a US Citizen, you may need a visa and will be responsible for Sweden visa fees
Health and Safety
- Travel insurance is included in the trip cost.
- Participants must be fully vaccinated against COVID 19. No vaccine exemptions will be allowed.
- Participants must have a negative antigen COVID 19 antigen test within 72 hours prior to departure for Sweden a negative COVID 19 antigen test within 72 hours prior to return to the United States. Participants must arrange the pre-departure test on their own and are responsible for any test-related costs. NJCU will arrange return testing, but participants are responsible for test-related costs (if any).
- In case of a positive COVID 19 test, the participant must remain in Sweden accompanied by an NJCU staff member and quarantine in accordance with Swedish government requirements. Quarantine costs will be covered by insurance.
- If NJCU cancels the trip, participants will receive a full refund of any payments.
- Participants may opt-out of the trip without penalty up until payment is due to the travel agent. After that date, if a participant withdraws from the trip without approval, they will be responsible for all unrecoverable costs, including airfare, hotels, etc.
TRIP DATA FORM