Tentative Travel Dates: 8 days during the last two weeks in May
Please review all information below carefully before completing the data form at the bottom of the page. You will be asked to certify that you have reviewed all the required information and will abide by all requirements for the program. Failure to complete any of the required steps or activities will result in withdrawal from the program and assignment of any non-recoverable costs. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Program participants must be enrolled in HON 360 “The Archaeology of Mesoamerica” in SP22
- Participants must register with the US State Dept STEP program
- Participants must submit their personal and passport information on the IBS Tours website by the announced deadline.
Passports and Visas
- Participants must have a valid passport in their possession by the time payments are due in February, exact date TBA. If you do not have a passport at that time, you may not be able to participate in the program.
- US Citizens do not require visas to visit Mexico. If you are not a US Citizen, you may need a visa and will be responsible for Mexican visa fees
Health and Safety
- Travel insurance will be provided by NJCU at no cost to participants. Participants must register personal details with the insurance company once coverage is obtained.
- Participants must be fully vaccinated against COVID 19. No vaccine exemptions will be allowed.
- Participants must have a negative antigen COVID 19 antigen test within 72 hours prior to departure for Mexico and have an electronic or printed confirmation. Participants must arrange the test on their own and are responsible for any test-related costs.
- Participants must have a negative COVID 19 antigen test within 72 hours prior to return to the United States and have an electronic or printed confirmation. NJCU will arrange testing, but participants are responsible for any test-related costs. Testing details and cost TBA.
- In case of a positive COVID 19 test, the participant must remain in Mexico accompanied by an NJCU staff member and quarantine in accordance with Mexican government requirements. NJCU will cover the participant’s costs if this occurs.
Program Costs and Cancellations
- Participants will be responsible for not more than $400 of program costs, exclusive of costs mentioned above. Exact costs TBD prior to program registration deadline.
- Program costs will be applied to participants’ SP22 term bill.
- If NJCU cancels the program, participants will receive a full refund of any payments.
- Participants may opt-out of the program without penalty up until payment is due to the travel agent in early February. After that date, if a participant withdraws from the program without approval of the Honor Program, they will be responsible for all unrecoverable costs, including airfare, hotels, etc.
STUDENT DATA FORM