(The initial ESL certification programs are temporarily suspended pending NJDOE updates.)
View Program Page
- A completed graduate application form, including a $55 non-refundable application fee
- A 250-500 word essay discussing your goals and objectives for pursuing admission to the degree program to which you are applying
- Official transcripts from all previous U.S. colleges attended or official NACES course-by-course evaluation of any foreign transcripts*
- Passing scores on Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators – waived if:
- 1660 combined SAT score
- 23 ACT score
- 4.0 analytical writing score and 310 quantitative and verbal GRE scores, or
- NJDOE issued certification(s)
- Official documentation of English Language Proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS) or waiver if applicable
*Note: NJCU does not evaluate international transcripts. In lieu of a transcript, applicants with a non-U.S. degree need to submit a course-by-course evaluation from a NACES Accredited Member that includes U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalency information for their coursework.
We encourage you to contact graduate admissions with questions about our graduate programs, to get answers to your graduate application questions, or to schedule a visit to NJCU.
Hepburn Hall, Room 206
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION