New Pathways is an approved provider for Alternate Route training in the specific CTE certifications as stated here
Get started on your New Pathways to Teaching in New Jersey (NPTNJ) – Career and Technical Education (CTE) application here:
APPLY NOW FOR 2022
- A completed graduate application form, including a $55 non-refundable application fee
- A 250-500 word essay discussing why you want to be a teacher, why you choose education as your profession, and why you for pursuing admission to the program to which you are applying
- Official transcripts from all previous U.S. colleges attended or official NACES course-by-course evaluation of any foreign transcripts. Applicants must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or higher from a bachelor's or master's degree program.
- Two professional letters of recommendation
- A copy of a regular New Jersey Certificate of Eligibility (temporary CE not acceptable) (a list of your certifications can be downloaded on NJDOE website)
- Official documentation of English Language Proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS) if applicable
- Passing scores on Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators or waiver if applicable
- Passing scores on Praxis II Content Knowledge.
- Employment verification letter from the hiring manager or administrator on letterhead from your school or school district. Employment as a full time teacher in a New Jersey school is required for admission in the program.
- A letter from the hiring manager or administrator on letterhead from your school or school district indicating that the school or school district will enroll you in the provisional teacher program with the State of New Jersey. This is to be sent directly from the school/school district to NJCU.
- 50 hour Introduction to Teaching course verification form. Contact the Office of Professional and Lifelong Learning (PELL) for more information about the 50 Hour Course)
Note: NJCU does not evaluate international transcripts. In lieu of a transcript, applicants with a non-U.S. degree need to submit a course-by-course evaluation from a NACES Accredited Member that includes U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalency information for their coursework. Requirements listed above are subject to change at any time based on NJ Dept of Education updates
*Deadlines are subject to change.
*Requirements listed above are subject to change at any time based on NJDOE updates.
This program is not currently available to international students seeking an F-1 student visa
We encourage you to contact graduate admissions with questions about our graduate programs, to get answers to your graduate application questions, or to schedule a visit to NJCU.
Hepburn Hall, Room 206
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION