Get started on your Art M.F.A application here:
To learn more about our graduate Art programs, application process, and admission requirements, please view our previously recorded information session.
ART (M.F.A.) WITH CONCENTRATIONS IN:
- Graphic Design
- Jewelry & Metals
View Program Page
- A completed graduate application form, including a $55 non-refundable application fee
- A 250-500 word essay discussing your goals and objectives for pursuing admission to the degree program to which you are applying
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges attended or official NACES course-by- course evaluation of any foreign transcripts
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Professional Resume or CV
- A portfolio submission of 15-20 images of finished artwork is required for admission consideration. A portfolio may be submitted to https://njcu-art.submittable.com/submit. Scroll to the bottom of the page, to "Graduate Application Portfolio Submission" to submit.
- Please direct any questions regarding portfolio submission to the Graduate Coordinator in the Art Department: email@example.com
- Official documentation of English Language Proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS) or waiver if applicable
Priority Deadlines for Domestic Applicants:
Fall Start : April 1
Spring Start : November 1
Priority Deadlines for International Applicants:
Fall Start : March 1
Spring Start : October 1
We encourage you to contact graduate admissions with questions about our graduate programs, to get answers to your graduate application questions, or to schedule a visit to NJCU.
Hepburn Hall, Room 206
Phone: (201) 200-3409
Toll-Free Phone: (877) 652-8472
Fax: (201) 200-2044
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
GRADUATE ADMISSIONS OFFICE HOURS
September – May:
Mon and Thu, 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Tues, Wed, Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Summer Hours (June-August):
Mon – Fri, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.