APPLY NOW FOR SUMMER 2022
View Program Page
- Completed online application form, including a $55 non-refundable application fee
- Personal Statement of Purpose, between 1000 and 2000 words, should describe the applicant’s reasons for applying to the program and ways in which his or her experience, skills, and goals are aligned with this doctoral program.
- Official transcripts from all previous U.S. colleges attended or official NACES course-by-course evaluation of any foreign transcripts*
- Three (3) letters of recommendation based on academic or professional experience
- Current resume / curriculum vitae should outline the applicant’s educational background, employment history, professional activities, and other activities that provide support for the Statement of Purpose.
- Interview: A program committee will participate in an In-Person or Video Conference interview, depending on the applicant’s geographic distance from the university.
- Official documentation of English Language Proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS)
- An earned baccalaureate and master's degree, or equivalent from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, with a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or above
- Demonstrated leadership experience in Community Colleges, or a related professional setting
- Demonstrated academic excellence, problem-solving ability, and an interest in critically assessing and bringing about improvements within current educational policies and practices
*Note: NJCU does not evaluate international transcripts. In lieu of a transcript, applicants with a non-U.S. degree need to submit a course-by-course evaluation from a NACES Accredited Member that includes U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalency information for their coursework.
*This program admits students for Summer term only. Deadlines are subject to change.
This program is not currently available to international students seeking an F-1 student visa
We encourage you to contact graduate admissions with questions about our graduate programs, to get answers to your graduate application questions, or to schedule a visit to NJCU.
Hepburn Hall, Room 206
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION