Get started on your IMAP (M.F.A.) application here:
View Program Page
- A completed graduate application form, including a $55 non-refundable application fee
- A 250-500 word essay discussing your goals and objectives for pursuing admission to the degree program to which you are applying
- Official transcripts from all previous U.S. colleges attended or official NACES course-by-course evaluation of any foreign transcripts*
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Professional Resume or CV
- A portfolio
- 3-10 pieces (short form or non-time-based pieces might number 10; time-based pieces might number fewer)
- A link to online portfolio/website (preferred) or in digital form on a DVD or standard USB drive. A binder with color prints is also acceptable.
- All media should be accompanied by document listing the title, medium, size, and date of each corresponding artwork.
- Must be directly sent to the Graduate Coordinator of the Media Art Department at IMAP@njcu.edu
- Official documentation of English Language Proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS) or waiver if applicable
*Note: NJCU does not evaluate international transcripts. In lieu of a transcript, applicants with a non-U.S. degree need to submit a course-by-course evaluation from a NACES Accredited Member that includes U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalency information for their coursework.
- Must have BA/BFA degree in the fields of media art, art, graphic/communication design, video, photography, film, animation, new media, architecture or other related degrees in art, media, or design.
- Applicants without above degree but have related field experience.
Priority Application Deadlines:
We encourage you to contact graduate admissions with questions about our graduate programs, to get answers to your graduate application questions, or to schedule a visit to NJCU.
Hepburn Hall, Room 206
Phone: (201) 200-3409
Toll-Free Phone: (877) 652-8472
Fax: (201) 200-2044
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
Graduate Admissions Office Hours
September – May:
Mon and Thu, 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Tues, Wed, Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Mon – Fri, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.