Division of University Advancement and Strategic Initiatives
About the Division
The Division of University Advancement and Strategic Initiatives seeks to drive economic, cultural and social change for our students, our city and our communities; engage meaningfully with alumni; build brand awareness; and inspire philanthropic giving.
The Division is comprised of talented and dedicated professionals across six subunits: the Vice President's Office, the NJCU Foundation, the Office of Marketing and Communications, the Center for the Arts, NJCU Athletics, and Event Services.
Office of the Vice President
- Lead and manage the Division of Advancement and Strategic Initiatives.
- Identify and spearhead the development of high-priority strategic university initiatives.
Vice President for Advancement and Chief Strategy Officer
- Inspire philanthropic support that enriches the lives of our students.
- Create enduring connections with alumni and friends.
- Pursue and manage market opportunities for endowment growth.
Marketing and Communications
Develops the University’s marketing, advertising, promotions and communications to attract new students, engage alumni, and inform the NJCU community about news, events, and happenings on and around campus.
Comprised of four areas, each of which is designed to serve as a resource for and a means of promoting the priorities of the University.
Media Relations works with leadership, faculty and staff to develop and promote news of the University.
Communications produces and distributes content on behalf of internal and external stakeholders.
Enrollment Marketing and Brand Strategy provides strategic direction for enrollment marketing and advertising campaigns and brand building.
Creative Services provides graphic design services for advertising and promotional campaigns.
Associate Vice President (Interim)
- Develop, enrich, challenge, empower and champion student-athletes, coaches and staff competing in NCAA Division III sport programs.
- Foster a culture of success in the areas of academics, athletics, personal, professional, and community.
- Engage the alumni base and steward strong relationships with the surrounding community for maximum growth and impact for our students.
John J. Moore Athletics and Fitness Center
- Provide guidance, counsel, and contracting for external entities interested in hosting conferences or events at NJCU.
Coordinate, organize, and manage conference and event reservations for external organizations.
Assists in the development of large-scale events for film productions, camps, and competitions that may require multiple spaces, dining, and short/mid-term housing.
Rose Mary Reilly
Project Coordinator/Interim Director of Event Services
Center for the Arts
- Present and engage our community with international, national, regional and local performing and visual artists.
- Utilize the arts to foster dialogue, support diversity and provide inspiring and thought-provoking arts experiences which address our place in the world.
- Support the education and professional development of students and professionals in the music, dance, theatre, visual arts, film and media industries.