About the ORGSP
The Office of Research Grants and Sponsored Programs (ORGSP) provides vital resources to faculty and staff seeking grant support for research, professional development, student support and services, and other campus activities across the entire award spectrum and life-cycle. The Office provides guidance on federal and state regulations and manages the review, approval, and processing of grant proposals and the submission of programmatic reports.
ORGSP is located in Professional Studies Building, Room 402.
Mission and Goals
The mission of the ORGSP is to assist NJCU personnel in acquiring the resources necessary to pursue campus enrichment activities.
The primary goals of the ORGSP are to
- Support NJCU’s mission and strategic initiatives
- Develop and expand institutional capabilities
- Support the academic and career success of students, faculty and staff
- Support the creation and maintenance of effective partnerships with external organizations
- Support NJCU faculty and staff investigators seeking funding from external sponsors.
- Discuss search strategy, proposal development, best practices, and funding agency reviews with faculty and staff
- Identify possible funding sources
- Develop and prepare proposal budgets
- Review proposals for formatting, accuracy, and adherence to funding agency requirements
- With sufficient lead time, provide editing, re-writing, and proofreading services
- Complete agency forms, assurances and certifications, and when necessary, provide institutional statistics
- Assist with online proposal applications and electronic submissions
- Negotiate award terms and conditions with federal and non-federal sponsors
- Ensure compliance with institutional and funding agency requirements and guidelines
- Plan kick-off meetings with project, ORGSP, grant accounting personnel, and external partners
- Assist with developing agreements with external grant partners
- Assist with budget revisions, carryovers, project continuation, and no-cost extension requests
- Liaise with Controller and Grant Accountant
- Provide guidance in procuring equipment, services and supplies
- Review interim and final programmatic reports
- Meet with faculty and staff to discuss all aspects of post-award grant management
Ensure NJCU’s compliance with:
- the Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Human Research Protection Institutional Review Board guidelines
- the Department of Health and Human Services’ Office of Research Integrity’s guidelines governing research activities.
- state and federal regulations governing research in specified areas.
Responsible Conduct of Research
The ORGSP staff strives to deliver high-quality, professional, and timely service to NJCU faculty and staff, and welcomes the opportunity to assist them in their efforts to obtain external funding. NJCU faculty and staff should contact the ORGSP early in the grant process to schedule an in-person or Zoom meeting to discuss the services available to them as well as all necessary processes and procedures.
Please email all requests for support, services, meetings, or other assistance to ORGSP@njcu.edu, with a copy to Valerie Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org on each email.
Lauren L. Materowski
Pre-Award and Post-Award Specialist
IRB Coordinator and Pre-Award Specialist