Fall 2022 Information
Fall 2022 Semesters
- If you would like to opt out of the textbook rental fee click here.
- NJCU will not longer be offering Student Health insurance. Student will need to look for their own health insurance coverage moving forward. The waiver form will no longer be required.
- Electronic bill (e-Bill) is the official method of billing as no paper statements are produced. An email will be sent to your NJCU email account when your bill is ready to be viewed in GothicNet.
- Authorized Users are people other than yourself that you would like to and make payments on your behalf. (This does not give access to the student’s billing information). Students can sign up multiple individuals of their choosing by entering their email address. The authorized user will receive their own username and password to access the student’s account.
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) the simplest way for parents to receive information about the student’s grades, financial statement, or other student information is for the student to provide it. Students can look up information online, print it, and provide a copy to their parents. Students can grant parents access to their Academic, Financial Aid, Student files and Student Account records by following the steps outlined here.
- Payment in-full can be made in-person with cash, check, money order or certified check. Check, credit or debit card payments can be made online through your GothicNet account. Checks may be mailed to: New Jersey City University, Office of Student Accounts, Hepburn Hall, Room 106, 2039 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Jersey City, NJ 07305 Please make checks payable to “New Jersey City University” and include your GothicNet ID number/Student ID number and semester for which you are paying.
- Credit/Debit card payments are accepted ONLINE ONLY. We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express. PLEASE NOTE: There is a 2.85% surcharge fee based on the amount you are paying. We cannot accept any credit/debit card payments in-person.
- Unpaid balances or accounts not enrolled in a monthly payment plan by the posted payment deadlines are subject to their registration being dropped for non-payment and/or a $75 late fee. Roster spots are not guaranteed in the previous registration if a student is dropped for non-payment. A financial hold flag preventing future registration and/or release of your transcripts may be place on your account as well.
- Tuition Waivers and third party letters of credit/vouchers need to be submitted to the office on or before payment deadline. All applicable fees must be paid either in-full or via a payment plan by payment deadline in order for a student to be cleared for the semester.
- Electronic refund (e-Refund) is the direct deposit service that allows you to have your refund automatically deposited directly into your personal checking or savings account. You can enroll for this service online through your GothicNet account. You will need to have your checking/savings account number and routing number to enroll in the service.
- The Financial Disclosure Agreement is a contract that a student completes before registration for any class at New Jersey City University (NJCU) or receives any service from NJCU. The student acknowledges full responsibility to pay all tuition, fees and other associated costs assessed as a result of registration and/or receipt of services. Complete the agreement by following the steps here.
The University reserves the right to change costs, dates and procedures at any time.