Congratulations to our spring 2019 graduates and their families!
Commencement Photo Slideshow
Watch the Livestream
Thursday, May 16, at 9:00 a.m.
25 Lafayette Street
Newark, NJ 07102
To honor the Graduate Class of 2019, Graduate Commencement will include a photo tribute to degree recipients. During the ceremony, pictures of graduates will be displayed on jumbo HD monitors mounted on the Commencement stage and suspended from the Prudential Center ceiling.
- The commencement exercise for the 2019 graduates is scheduled for Thursday, May 16, 2019 at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. The ceremony will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m.sharp and will include an announcement of the graduates.
- Doors open at 8:00 a.m. All students should arrive at the Prudential Center no later than 8:00 a.m. All students will use the Ford Tower entrance. Guests will enter through the PNC Tower entrance.
- There is only one graduation for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students. Therefore, it is very important that all students arrive at the Prudential Center no later than 8:45 a.m. through the Ford Tower entrance.
- The entire Prudential Center is accessible; therefore if you have guests who need to utilize the accessible entrance and require access to accessible seating, please arrive as early as possible through the PNC Tower entrance.
- If you are a graduating student who requires special accommodations or if you have guests who need accommodations, please contact Jennifer Aitken (email@example.com) in the Office of Specialized Services and Supplemental Instruction at 201-200-2091.
- All undergraduate, graduate and doctoral participants are required to wear caps, gowns, hoods or stoles. The University will place orders for regalia. You DO NOT need to complete an order form.
- Undergraduates will keep their caps, gowns, and stoles; they will not be collected after the ceremony. Graduate students will keep their caps, but must return their gowns and hoods after the ceremony.
- Undergraduate and Graduate students may keep the tassels.
- Doctoral students must return gown, hood and tam.
- A white index card will be mailed to each graduate during the last week of April; this must be presented to the cap and gown company in order to receive the regalia. In this same packet, graduates will receive a name card and instructions regarding the processional and the ceremony. Undergraduate students, with a minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 3.65 or higher, will be given an honor cord at this same time.
- The ceremony is expected to last 3 hours. Commencement is an important and formal occasion during which each graduate should be treated with the highest respect and honor. Please understand that there will be more than 1000 graduates at this ceremony.
- In order to ensure that each individual is able to enjoy this day, we ask that all graduates remain seated until the conclusion of the ceremony.
- Seating is by school. Graduates may sit with their friends and classmates within these schools.
- Diploma cases will be given out at the Prudential Center.
- Students, who are cleared for degrees, will be sent postcards with the dates and times as to when diplomas may be picked up at the Registrar’s Office.
Important Security Information
- All patrons are subject to a bag search; please factor this screening as well as traffic and parking into your arrival time.
- Directions and parking information are available on this website. For information on local restaurants and hotels, visit Prudential Center’s website.
- We recommend booking convenient and affordable parking in advance through SpotHero, the nation’s leading parking reservation app.
- To reserve your parking spot for the New Jersey City University Commencement, visit the Prudential Center SpotHero Parking Page and book a spot with rates up to 50% off drive-up.
New to SpotHero? Click here to download the SpotHero app.
- A professional photographer from Island Photography will be taking photographs of each graduate as he/she is recognized during his/her school based ceremony.
- Within 48 hours of commencement, graduates will be emailed a secure link and a PIN to view and order photos.
- Go to this link to register the emails of family & friends so they can also receive direct links to your proofs.
- For more information, visit www.islandphoto.com.