Library, Third and Fourth Floors
Education Services Librarian:
Library, Room 207
- CMC (Curriculum Collection)
A circulating collection (7-day loan) of curricula, lesson plans, teacher materials, kits and textbooks in support of teacher education . This collection is arranged by Library of Congress Classification and is noted with the designation, CURRICULUM COLLECTION in the online catalog. Books in this collection are labeled with a call number beginning CMC.
- TEXT (Textbook Collection)
A non-circulating textbook collection consisting of K-8 and 9-12 textbooks, teaching guides and supplementary materials, arranged by Dewey Decimal Classification. They are shelved immediately after the CMC collection (Curriculum Materials Collection)
- Grades K-8 text books are labeled as Text or T.
- Grades 9-12 text books are labeled as Text HS or THS.
All of these are noted as TEXT COLLECTION in OSCAR the online catalog.
JUV (Juvenile Collection)
- A circulating collection of juvenile materials arranged by Dewey Decimal Classification and is noted with the designation, JUVENILE COLLECTION in OSCAR.
- Juvenile Non-Fiction and Juvenile Fiction books (readers, chapter books, middle-school and young adult novels) are on the tall shelves.
- Juvenile Fiction Picture books are found on the low shelves in front of the elevator.
- The Juvenile Collection also includes a portion of the M. Jerry Weiss Center for Children's and Young Adult Literature. Weiss Center books all have bookplates identifying them as having been donated by M. Jerry Weiss or the publisher.
The Guarini Library also contains a non-circulating collection of autographed books from the M. Jerry Weiss Center for Children's and Young Adult Literature in Special Collections. These materials are kept behind the Circulation Desk on the first floor and may be used in the library. These appear as SPECIAL COLLECTION DEWEY in OSCAR.
For other education materials please check: