Library Services During COVID-19
Library Services During COVID-19
Please note that the following information will be updated as COVID-19 situation changes. Please read NJCU COVID-19 Information for fall 2022 guidelines.
Library building was closed for physical access due to COVID-19 pandemic from March 21 to summer 2020, library services were provided in online format during that time. Starting from August 17, 2020, limited staff was allowed in the Library to bring the building into compliance with state and federal guidance. On September 1, 2020, the Library started to provide No Contact Lobby Pickup Service (click this link for more information) to current students, staff, and faculty. Interlibrary loan services resumed in November 2020. In spring 2022, library provides reduced in-person services from January 18 to 30 due to the surge of Omicron in our region. Hybrid reference services are provided to NJCU community during library hours and beyond. Donation of books and other physical material items resumed on July 25, 2022. Donated items are subject to a three-day quarantine in the Library out of an abundance of caution.
Library hours are tentative, and subject to changes. Please read NJCU COVID-19 Information for updates on guidelines. Food or beverages are not allowed. Please stay tuned as we provide updated status and information on library services.
- E-journals through electronic databases
- Utilize WorldCat Discovery to search for over 300,000 eBook volumes and 35,000 journal titles and limiting your results to ebooks or full text articles
- We have subject-specific online resources on LibGuides to assist you in your searching
- We have general guides to freely available curated materials
- Additional library resources are also available
- Follow us: Facebook; Twitter; Instagram; Library Blog; Education Services News Blog
- NJCU users get free access to expanded/free resources from publishers and database providers in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Hundreds and thousands of eBooks (including many e-text books) and research materials in nursing and health science, business, history, religion, law, and criminal justice have been available. Please check them out.
- No Contact Lobby Pick Up Service
- Scheduling a library instruction class (for faculty only). Starting from Fall 2021 in-person instructions will be held on NJCU main campus only, Monday - Thursday during library building hours. In-person library instruction classes are subject to applicable COVID restrictions as the situation evolves. HyFlex option is available for in-person library instruction classes. Online instructions will be conducted via Zoom during both building and virtual service hours. Please see Library Hours. All requests are subject to staff and space availability.
- Interlibrary loan request (All books will be quarantined for three days.)
- Online reference services are extended beyond library building hours (please see Library Hours)
- Ask a Librarian for research assistance via email: email@example.com
- Text a Librarian (SMS): 201-576-8072
- Phone or leave a voicemail at 201-200-3033 (be sure to include your contact information for us to get back to you).
- Zoom research consultations during library hours by appointment: via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), SMS (201-576-8072), or voice mail (201-200-3033).
- Chat with Us (ask questions or search answers in FAQs)
- Group study room, quiet room re-opened on 11/1/2022. In addition, a multimedia room was added on the 2nd floor.
- Reserve service has been suspended until further notice;
- Overdue fines have been suspended;
We will do everything we can to provide you with the high level of service on which you have depended. We will get through this together.
Lasts updated: 11/1/2022
Updated: 10/31/2022; 10/17/2022; 8/22/2022; 8/10/2022; 7/25/2022; 1/16/2022; 1/11/2022; 11/15/2021; 8/31/2021; 8/16/2021; 8/13/2021;7/13/2021;11/4/2020; 10/15/2020; 9/30/2020; 9/16/2020; 9/4/2020; 9/1/2020; 8/26/2020; 8/17/2020; 5/8/2020; 4/4/2020; 3/31/2020; 3/30/2020; 3/27/2020; 3/25/2020; 3/23/2020; 3/21/2020; 3/19/2020; 3/18/2020; 3/17/2020
Page created: 3/12/2020