Safety Protocols for Employees
The following safety protocols have been implemented in order to maintain a healthy environment.
Vaccinations and Masking
- All employees are strongly encouraged to get vaccinated.
- All employees, regardless of vaccination status, must wear masks in all laboratories and in public indoor spaces. Unvaccinated employees are required to be masked indoors at all times and must undergo weekly COVID-19 testing as set forth below.
NJCU utilizes a rapid point of care testing solution. Tests are offered Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Unvaccinated employees must undergo weekly COVID-19 testing.
- Testing must take place no more than 72 hours (3 days) before the first shift of the week.
- Negative test results must be presented to the employee’s supervisor before the employee begins their first shift of the week.
- Employees must immediately notify their supervisor of a positive test result.
- Sick Notification: Employees must immediately report suspected COVID-19 infection or positive test result to their supervisor. Fever is the most common symptom of COVID-19, but it could also indicate another illness, especially as seasonal diseases like the flu emerge. Therefore, symptomatic individuals must avoid all face-to-face interactions and public gatherings regardless of physical distancing practices.
- Contact Tracing: Employees who test positive will be required to participate in public health investigations, including contact tracing and State isolation protocols.
- Enforcement: Employees who do not comply with mask and testing mandates will be subject to progressive discipline.
Schedule a COVID-19 Test
Vaccinations on Campus
NJCU has arranged to continue bringing vaccines to the campus. COVID-19 vaccinations will be offered twice a week on campus in the Gilligan Student Union (GSUB) room 129 by the Jersey City Department of Health and Human Services for the month of September from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The FDA has approved the Pfizer vaccines for usage. Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson doses will be available on the following dates:
- Thursday, September 9
- Tuesday, September 14
- Thursday, September 16
- Tuesday, September 21
- Thursday, September 23
- Tuesday, September 28
- Thursday, September 30
- October dates to be determined and announced in a future communication
NJCU appreciates that the shuttle provides important services for many students, faculty, and staff. As a result, The Department of Public Safety has created a plan that offers shuttle services to the fullest extent possible while implementing protocols to reduce health-related risks. As a result, the following procedures have been implemented:
- Updated Cleaning Procedures: First Transit will continue the same 24 hour disinfecting with First Transit approved Signet Neutral Disinfectant DS1 for the disinfecting of all buses when cleaned inside.
- PPE and Face Covering: First Transit staff and all passengers will continue wearing face coverings at all times while on an NJCU bus.
- Reduce Vehicle Capacity: New Jersey no longer requires any limited occupancy for bus transportation. Therefore, all NJCU Bus occupancy will revert to existing New Jersey Department of Transportation standards for seating and standing limits. Maximum 24 seated passengers. Bus 3422 ADA setup can hold a maximum of 20 seated passengers.
- Riders who fail to comply with the safety measures will not be allowed to ride the shuttle.
Gourmet Dining has implemented operational changes that follow current New Jersey State and Board of Health guidelines about food service, physical distancing, and group gatherings. Although subject to change based upon real-time conditions and data, the following is a general outline for dining options.
To best meet the community's needs, mobile ordering has been expanded. Additional preventative measures designed to protect the community include converting all self-serve dining options to full service and the temporary exclusion of reusable to-go containers and mugs.
Gourmet Dining operates within the State guidelines of safe food service at the GSUB dining hall and Dunkin' Donuts. GSUB is open for both take-out and dine-in services daily.