The Office for Institutional Effectiveness provides Institutional Research and Assessment functions to NJCU. Specifically, the IE Office provides support and direction for outcomes assessment, development of data collection and analysis standards, accreditation and compliance, planning, policy evaluation, and external reporting. The Office provides information to support decision making and contributes to the University’s culture of accountability, transparency, and continuous improvement.
The vision for the Institutional Effectiveness Office is to advance the University mission by establishing-in mind and action-a campus-wide culture of evidence-based decision making.
Assessment is part of the teaching and learning process and is fundamental to both continuous improvement and accountability. The Office for Institutional Effectiveness supports the Office of the Provost and faculty in assessment through:
- Leading and supporting student learning outcomes assessment at the course, program, and institutional levels.
- Promoting assessment-related education of faculty and staff to attain best practices and rigor in assessment.
- Analyzing data and communicating information regarding assessment processes and outcomes.
- Supporting program review processes.
- Promoting coordination of, collaboration in, and transparency around data and assessment.