Insurance and Immunization Requirements
All students submit proof of required immunizations before starting classes at NJCU. Students will not be allowed to live in university housing without proof of meningitis immunization**.
Completed Health forms should be uploaded to your student portal.
** Note: Not all types of meningitis immunizations are acceptable in the US. Acceptable types are listed in this pdf document.
Insurance for J Visa Exchange Visitors
Insurance is mandatory for all students and scholars with J visas. The US State Department requires that all exchange visitors have coverage that meets the following standards:
- Coverage must be at least $100,000 per accident or illness;
- Repatriation of remains in the amount of $25,000;
- Medical evacuation coverage in the amount of $50,000; and
- Deductibles not to exceed $500 per accident or illness.
- Zero coinsurance for in-network providers
Although insurance is not mandatory for F visa students, NJCU strongly encourages all international students to have insurance.
Several companies offer international health insurance, including the following: