NPTNJ Program Completion and Applying for Standard Certification
Once you have completed your NPTNJ courses and passed edTPA, you are eligible for a Verification of Program Completion (VOPC). This form must be sent to the NJ Department of Education before you can apply for Standard Certification.
You must also have two years of teaching under a Provisional License with a year-end evaluation of "Effective" or higher.
Follow these directions for requesting a VOPC and applying for Standard Certification:
Request for Verification of NPTNJ Completion Instructions
When you have completed NPTNJ, please follow these directions to request your verification of program completion:
Using your NJCU email account, submit the following documents to NPTNJcert@njcu.edu :
- Semester and year of Admission into the New Pathways to Teaching in New Jersey program (ex. Fall 2021)
- A copy of your VOPC (Verification of Program Completion form indicating you completed the initial 50 hour course). This must be a pdf copy, not a photograph.
- A copy or screenshot of your provisional license.
- A copy of your edTPA score.
- Provide your Gothicnet ID #.
Once the documents and your account have been reviewed, we will follow up. You must use your NJCU email account to submit this request. Information on using NJCU email can be found here. Information for assistance from Information Technology NJCU can be found on the Information Technology page.
Once your NPTNJ program completion has been verified, you will use the Teachers Certification Information System to apply for the standard certificate.