J.D Jayaraman has over twenty years of experience in the financial services industry, primarily in the areas of algorithmic trading, risk management, energy markets, and financial technology, prior to transitioning to academics. His research examines the use of innovative teaching methods, cutting edge technology, AI and behavioral science to engage students and improve financial literacy. He also works on applications of machine learning and AI for social good.
- FINC 250 Financial Literacy
- FINC 514 Introduction to Data Science
- FINC 530 Principles of Machine Learning
- FINC 520 Math for Data Science
- FINC 560 Data Visualization
- FINC 525 Financial Modeling
- FINC 631 Financial Technology
- FINC 771 Analysis of Debt Investments
- FINC 774 Analysis of Derivatives and Alternate Investments
- Jayaraman, J.D (2020) Predicting Student Dropout by Mining Advisor Notes. Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Educational Data Mining.
- Jayaraman, J.D., Gerber, S., & Garcia, J. (2019) Supporting Minority Student Success Using Machine Learning to Identify At-Risk Students. Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Educational Data Mining.
- PhD, Oklahoma State University
- MBA, Bharathidasan Institute of Management
- BE, College of Engineering Guindy, Anna University