MSCHE 2020 Self-Study Reaccreditation
NJCU's site visit for reaccreditation was conducted virtually from October 18 through October 21. The Visiting Team's report included suggestions for nine recommendations, across most of the standards. Accreditation is a multi-step process, and final actions will be determined by the Commission and communicated to NJCU in 2021.
For reference, the following documents are provided to the community: Self-Study and addendum. See also excerpts from the Evaluation Team report.
Accredited institutions are those that demonstrate compliance with a set of standards articulated by regional accrediting associations. Accreditation is voluntary, but is required for an institution’s students to be eligible to receive financial aid.
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) accredits institutions in New Jersey. The MSCHE Standards are related to:
- Mission and Goals
- Ethics and Integrity
- Design and Delivery of the Student Learning Experience
- Support of the Student Experience
- Educational Effectiveness
- Assessment Planning, Resources, and Institutional Improvement
- Governance, Leadership and Administration
Accreditation is affirmed and maintained through self-assessment and peer review. The accreditation cycle is eight years and includes: Self-Study, Annual Updates, and Mid-Point Review.
- The Self-Study preparation is an intensive process that culminates in a visit from MSCHE reviewers. NJCU’s visit will be in the Spring of 2020. NJCU’s goals for the Self-Study include:
- Engaging the University community in an inclusive and transparent process of reflection, assessment, and evaluation.
- Demonstrating compliance with the MSCHE Standards for Accreditation and Requirements of Affiliation.
- Reviewing current approaches to continuous improvement and establishing a framework for enhancing practices.
- Establishing a set of suggestions/recommendations to serve as a foundation for informing the University’s planning processes.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
MSCHE FACT SHEET