Department of Public Safety FAQ
Whom do I call when I have a concern or when I need information?
- Contact the Department of Public Safety at extension 3128 or from an off campus phone at 201-200-3128.
What services are provided?
Where should I park?
Is the campus safe?
- The Department of Public Safety makes every effort to ensure that NJCU is a safe campus. However, incidents can occur anywhere, at any time. Students, faculty, staff and visitors must keep in mind that crimes can occur on any university campus, as they can in any other part of society. Important steps to safety are to be aware of one's surroundings and to be prepared.
Members of the campus community should review these Public Safety resources:
Where is the Department of Public Safety located?
- The Department of Public Safety is located in Rossey Hall, Room 115.
Where do I go if I lost/found an item on campus?
- To claim lost property or to turn in something found on campus, go to the Department of Public Safety in Rossey Hall.
Who do I call in an emergency?
- Contact the Department of Public Safety for any emergency at extension 55 on campus or 201-200-3128 from a cellphone. If you are off campus, dial 911.
- Click here for more information.
What do I do if I find that my car is missing, towed, booted or disabled?
What do I do if I get locked out of my room?
- Contact the Department of Public Safety at ext 3128 for assistance.
What do I do if I lose my GothicID?
- In the event that you lose your GothicID card or it is stolen, during normal business hours, please report it to the University Service Center immediately. After Hours please contact the Department of Public Safety (201) 200-3128. Your card will be deactivated upon notification for all on-campus purposes. Click here for more info about GothicID loss .
For more information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 201-200-3127 / 3128.