You can access your room/suitemate information via http://njcu.erezlife.com .When you log on and click on Fall 2020 you will see your housing status. Please keep in mind that your housing assignment is subject to change.
- Saturday August 28th & Sunday, August 29th- New Students
- Monday, August 30th & Tuesday, August 31st -Returner, International & National Student Exchange (NSE)
MOVE-IN SIGNUP: You will receive information to signup for your move in slot once you've been assigned. You can only move in if you have signed up and been approved for a timeslot.
- Every student is given an hour timeslot to move in.
- No external family members or friends will be permitted into the residence halls during the move-in process. Residence Life will have people to assist you with moving in your belongings, but for the safety of the students in the halls, all family members or others who will assist you with unpacking your cars will need to remain outside.
- As we are completing enhanced cleanings of the halls, you will not be permitted to move in earlier than the day assigned to you. Residence Life will be happy to work with you to move your belongings in AFTER the official move-in dates and those must be scheduled.
- Every student is required to wear a mask on campus, including outside and inside of West Campus Village.
IMMUNIZATIONS & COVID TEST
- Meningitis Vaccinations
- All first-time resident students at New Jersey City University MUST provide proof of Meningococcal Vaccine. The Office of Housing and Residence Life is not permitted by law to allow students to move into housing without these vaccinations. All first-time resident students at NJCU MUST provide proof of Meningococcal vaccine (MCV4) within the past 5 years. Please contact Health and Wellness should you have any questions regarding this: 201-200-3456.
- Immunization Requirements
- Be screened and tested for COVID
- Submit all COVID-19 test results to Telemed, do not send your test results to us.
- Ensure that you have quarantined for 14-days before moving into housing if you have traveled outside of the country or in states that are mandated to quarantine
- All residential students are required to be registered full-time/12 credits or more for the Fall 2019 semester in order to reside on campus. If you are not registered please contact your academic advisor. You can check your GothicNet student dashboard for advisor information.
Theft, Loss, or Damage of Personal Property
The Office of Housing & Residence Life encourages residents to purchase renter’s insurance
Renters Insurance is recommended for students to protect their property in their rooms. The University is not responsible for loss or damage to the personal property of residents. It is recommended that each resident check their parent or guardian’s homeowner’s policy to see if it covers property in the residence hall. If a student’s personal belongings brought on campus are not covered under a homeowner’s or tenant’s policy, Renters Insurance should be purchased. Many companies provide insurance at a nominal cost.
POLICIES: We will be continuing with our social distancing guidelines recommended by the CDC. There have been some questions regarding the policies, and we will be sending you the housing policies by August 21; however, below are some of the frequently asked questions:
- There are no guests permitted in the residence halls. This includes NJCU students as well as residential students from other buildings.
- All lounges will be evaluated for social distancing protocols, and all students must remain 6 feet apart and wear face masks in all common spaces.
- All rooms will be checked frequently for sanitary conditions by the residence life staff. Please be sure to pack cleaning materials with you when you arrive on campus.
- If for some reason, your plans change and you decide not to live on campus, you must contact the housing office ASAP. Please make sure to adhere to all University refund policies regarding housing withdrawal found on the Bursar website.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life at email@example.com or call 201-200-2338.
Continue to check your NJCU email for further updates.