STEM Summer Institutes 2023
STEM CERTIFICATE SUMMER INSTITUTES
The STEM Certificate Summer Institute is a grant-funded initiative made possible by generous support from the Martinson Family Foundation for the Department of Educational Technology at New Jersey City University. The Summer Institutes for the STEM Certificate Program offers educational professionals in all disciplines in K-12 an incredible opportunity to engage in dynamic professional development workshops.
Join us this August for one of our 1-day, hands-on seminars that are designed to prepare teachers, school library media specialists, paraprofessionals, and administrators to develop, deliver, and evaluate standards-based, high-quality STEM learning segments.
Registration is free, but limited to the first 30 teachers to register for each session. Registered participants will enjoy a full, hot breakfast and lunch buffet, afternoon refreshments, and receive a swag bag full of surprises, including a FREE Ozobot Evo starter kit valued at $179.99*! Participants will also receive a Certificate of Attendance to confirm hours of professional learning.
Choose from 2 different dates and locations to fit your summer schedule!
Start your year STEM-ready, and transform learning spaces with cutting-edge teaching and leadership skills in STEM for the students of tomorrow!
Spaces are filling up quickly, so secure your spot early!
Benefits to Teachers and Administrators
- Gain practical and relevant knowledge and skill to apply immediately into practice.
- Enhance culturally relevant STEM learning experiences using learning theory and state learning standards.
- Increase capacity for designing, developing, and executing high-quality STEM learning for K-12 populations.
- Learn how to evaluate and assess high-quality STEM lessons.
- Every registered participant receives a full, hot buffet breakfast and lunch.
- All registered participants receive a swag bag full of actionable resources for your classroom and some great surprises!
- Enjoy networking with other educational professionals across the State during Coffee and Conversations.
- Enjoy the flexibility of 2 different days, and 2 locations to choose from!
- Awesome Opportunity for Action-Packed STEM PD!
Get Ready for the Summer of STEM Professional Learning, and Start the New Year Future-Forward!
Example Schedule of Activities*
8:30-9:00 AM: Registration and Breakfast
9:00 AM - 9:30 AM: Opening Remarks and Welcome
9:30 AM - 10:30 AM: Workshop 1 with Dr. Barbara Green-McCarty
EDTC 645/NCD 429 "Engaging Students in Meaningful Learning Experiences”
10:30 AM - 10:45 AM: Coffee and Conversation Break
10:45 AM - 11:45 AM: Workshop 2 with Dr. Dana Mason
EDTC 625/NCD 426 “Integrating STEM Across Classrooms"
11:45 AM - 12:45 PM: Lunch Break and Keynote with Dr. Katie Kirby
Artificial Intelligence in Education
12:45 PM – 1:45 PM: Workshop 3 with Dr. Damiano Mastrandrea
EDTC 621/NCD 427 "Fostering Creativity and Collaboration in STEM"
1:45 PM - 2:45 PM: Workshop 4 with Dr. Remberto Jimenez
EDTC 642/NCD 424 "Podcasting to Transform Teaching & Leadership”
2:45-3:00 PM: Coffee Break and Wrap-Up
3:00 PM: Closing Remarks and Workshop Evaluation
*Registered Participants Will Receive the Schedule of Events Upon Confirmation of their Registration
*Session participants must not have already taken the STEM Certificate courses [EDTC 645, EDTC 621, EDTC 625, EDTC 642].
*Your registration form does not guarantee you an automatic seat at the Summer Institute. Your registration will be confirmed via confirmation email shortly after you complete the registration form.
*All registered participants must remain the entire day in order to receive your Certificate of Attendance and Ozobot Evo entry kit!