About the Accounting Department
Accounting involves recording, organizing, understanding, and communicating a firm’s financial information. Our curriculum prepares students for various roles and certifications, including the Certified Public Accounting (CPA) examination. Our students have internship opportunities at PwC, Withum, SobelCo, and other firms.
To learn more about our faculty, review our faculty profiles here.
The mission of the Accounting Department is to foster a thorough understanding of accounting, including a focus on ethics, by engaging students in skills-based collaborative learning. As the accounting field continues to evolve, our goal is to prepare students for employment opportunities in various sectors as well as further educational pursuits and certifications.
- Apply professional accounting concepts and standards for financial reporting and ethical decision making
- Effectively employ business software utilized by accounting professionals
- Produce clearly written, concise business analyses, and deliver clear, well organized, persuasive oral presentations
5 Reasons to Choose our Accounting Program
- Small class sizes that allow for rigorous accounting studies, personalized programs, team work, and the development of technological skills
- Dedicated faculty members who bring both research and real-world experience into the classroom
- Career development and support aims to enable students to obtain work experience through jobs and internships (Accounting Career Day Event)
- Specialized courses that help students target their dream job
- Curriculum focusing on data analytics
Check out some of the resources below:
Accounting Student Clubs and Memberships
Dr. Ling Yang, Ph.D., CPA
Chair, Accounting Department