Photo of business woman working sob
About Our Graduate Programs
We offer the following programs:
- A Master of Science Degree in Accounting provides students with an opportunity to broaden and develop beyond the undergraduate level in accounting. The student will address accounting issues using critical thinking, writing and analytical skills. The program is designed to prepare students to integrate ethical principles into decision making, critically evaluate alternative solutions, articulate issues effectively, and solve complex business problems which are related to accounting.
- The MS Accounting Degree requires 30 credits in the specialization. Students in the BS/MS Accounting Bridge Program will have completed nine (9) credits of the required graduate specializations courses in their undergraduate program. Upon graduation from the BS Accounting Program, Accounting Bridge students will have 21 credits (7 courses) remaining in order to complete their MS Accounting Degree.
- The Graduate Certificate in Professional Management Accounting is designed to broaden the accounting knowledge and competencies of private accounting professionals and strengthen critical thinking and business decision making skills of accounting managers. The program prepares the student for the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) examination which is administered by the Institute of Management Accountants.
- The CMA examination is a two-part examination. Part I of the examination (Financial Reporting, Planning, Performance, and Control) focuses on external financial reporting decisions: planning, budgeting, and forecasting; performance management; cost management; and internal controls. Part II of the examination (Financial Decision Making) focuses on financial statement analysis; corporate finance; decision analysis; risk management; investment decisions and professional ethics.
- The Graduate Certificate in Professional Management Accounting requires 18 credits plus an accounting foundation course for those students whose undergraduate degree includes a major or specialization other than accounting. In addition, international students are also required to take the accounting foundation course.