The University provides data dashboards to support decision making. Descriptions and links are contained below.
Student Admissions and Enrollment Dashboards
- ADMISSIONS: Tracks applications, enrollment, acceptance rate, and yield rate. Displays fall term admissions figures, starting with 2014. Presented separately for freshman and transfer undergraduate students and graduate students.
- HEADCOUNT/FTE: Public version of enrollment dashboard that tracks headcount or FTE by semester. Filter option to display individual college or overall University.
- ENROLLMENT: Tracks student enrollment by various characteristics, including gender, race/ethnicity, department, and academic plan. Separate tabs display summary counts and individual student-level data. Requires login; accessed through GothicNet
- DAILY ADMISSIONS AND ENROLLMENT: Information on daily admissions and registration status for undergraduate and graduate students. Requires login; accessed through COGNOS.
Student Progress and Outcomes Dashboards
- RETENTION/GRADUATION: Displays retention and graduation percentages for undergraduate students. Filter options for freshman/transfer, college, department, and student attributes. Requires login; accessed through GothicNet. (Current year data is available without login on Profile and Outcomes page)
UNDERGRADUATE GRADE DISTRIBUTIONS: Displays grade distributions for undergraduate courses. Separate tabs provide information by subject or individual course. Filter options allow selection for specific semester(s), course subject, instructor type, and course mode.
GRADE DISTRIBUTIONS, DEVELOPMENTAL COURSES: Displays grade distributions for developmental mathematics and English courses. Longitudinal graphs, beginning with Fall 2015, with filter options for one or more courses.
TRANSFER OUT: Displays information on students starting as freshmen and transferring out of NJCU. Separate tabs display: Cumulative GPA distribution at transfer and transfer out/receiving institution. There are filter options for class-level at transfer, major at transfer, transfer state, and entering cohort, starting with 2012.
DEGREES AWARDED: Displays number of degrees, credits at degree, and time to degree for undergraduate and graduate students. Data presented longitudinally from 2011-2012. Filter options include admission type, college, department, gender, and race-ethnicity.
- FACULTY CHARACTERISTICS: Displays counts of faculty by gender, race/ethnicity, tenure status, rank, and years of service. Filter option to display individual college or overall University. Tabs present longitudinal information by race/ethnicity, rank, and years of service.
- STAFF CHARACTERISTICS: Displays counts of staff by gender, union, and years of service. Filter option to display individual division or overall University. Tabs present longitudinal information by race/ethnicity, union, and years of service.
- FACULTY & STAFF DIVERSITY: Displays gender and race/ethnicity distribution for faculty and staff. Includes filter options for year and employee group.
- STUDENTS & FACULTY DIVERSITY: Displays gender and race/ethnicity distribution for faculty and students. Tabs have different filter options, including year and college.
Peer Comparison Dashboards
- PEER COMPARISONS, NJ INSTITUTIONS: Presents comparison on key metrics between NJCU and NJ institutions: Kean University, Monmouth University, Montclair State University, Ramapo College, Rowan University, Rutgers University – Camden, Stockton University, Saint Peter's University, he College of New Jersey, William Paterson University.
- PEER COMPARISONS, ASPIRANT INSTITUTIONS: Presents comparison on key metrics between NJCU and aspirant institutions: Buffalo State College, California State – Long Branch, California State – Northridge, CUNY Brooklyn College, CUNY Hunter College, CUNY Queens College, Georgia State University, Kean University, Midwestern State University, San Jose State University, University of Colorado – Colorado Springs, University of Illinois – Springfield, University of Massachusetts – Boston, University of South Florida – St. Petersburg, University of Texas at Tyler.