Chengdu Study Abroad
Study at the Chengdu American Center in China
NJCU has partnered with GMeo to offer a program at the Chengdu American Center for Study Abroad (CACS) at Sichuan University. Students enrolled in this program will study Mandarin and can choose from a variety of other courses taught in English.
Internships and Service Learning Programs:
You will have an opportunity to apply for internships with corporations in the Chengdu industrial and high-tech zones, home to more than 160 Fortune 500 companies, such as Shell and Lafarge, which will enhance your studies and your resume. Social service opportunities with local NGOs are also be available, as are teaching internships in local Chinese elementary schools, internships with international law firms, and research internships with one of China's largest think tanks.
Excursions: You can visit the Giant Panda Breeding Center and the Wolong Nature Reserve, and the recently excavated Sanxingdui archeological site. You can also spend a day on the trails at Qingcheng Shan, a holy Taoist mountain. Outdoor activities abound - nearby rural villages, the spectacular Jiuzhaigou Valley National Park and Eimei Mountain, both UNESCO World Heritage sites. You will also spend one week visiting other cities in China.
Program Fee includes:
- Standard International student accommodation, with a double occupancy room (Single-occupancy rooms at extra charge)
- Medical and emergency evacuation insurance
- Assistance with Chinese Visa application
- Airport pickup
- Course related activities and off-campus excursions (local and one week trip)
Not included: Personal expenses ($1,000 estimated) Scholarship Information: GMeo and NJCU are offering scholarships for the CACS program based upon 3.0 GPA.
- $2,400 Chengdu Mayor's scholarship
- GMeo Scholarship: $1,500
- Incentive Scholarship: $300
- Matching NJCU Scholarship: Up to $1,500
- Summer programs: April 1st
- Fall Programs: April 15th
- Spring Programs: November 1st
- Please refer to this checklist when preparing an application.