Get started on your Counseling non-degree application here:
Please note that your application and all supplemental materials must be received by the deadlines below to be considered.
*Deadlines are subject to change.
- A completed graduate application form, including a $55 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all previous U.S. colleges attended or official NACES course-by-course evaluation of any foreign transcripts*
- A 250-500 word essay discussing your goals and objectives for pursuing admission to the program to which you are applying and your main area of concentration.
- Must hold a master’s degree in Counseling or other equivalency
- Must have 3 years of experience as a certified school counselor (for Director of School Counseling Services Certification)
*Note: NJCU does not evaluate international transcripts. In lieu of a transcript, applicants with a non-U.S. degree need to submit a course-by-course evaluation from a NACES Accredited Member that includes U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalency information for their coursework.
This program is not currently available to international students seeking an F-1 student visa
We encourage you to contact graduate admissions with questions about our graduate programs, to get answers to your graduate application questions, or to schedule a visit to NJCU.
Hepburn Hall, Room 206
Phone: (201) 200-3409