Transfer Application Checklist
Follow the steps below to submit your NJCU application. Please note that steps 2 through 5 can be completed after application due dates and after the application has been filed.
1. Submit your application and your $50 application fee.
2. Official College Transcripts
- Applicants who attended a college or university will need to submit college transcripts for all institutions previously attended.
3. Personal Essay
- The Admissions Office requests that you write and submit an essay, 250 words minimum, explaining your aspiration and motivation for attending NJCU.
4. Letters of Recommendation (Optional)
- You may submit 2 letters of recommendation from your high school guidance counselor, teachers, or principal regarding your character and readiness to undertake college-level work. Adult students may substitute a resume.
- Applicants aged 25 and older will need to submit a resume in lieu of SAT or ACT scores.
6. International Transfer Students
- International student applicants who have graduated high school in foreign countries must have their transcripts evaluated (Document by Document Report) by a foreign credit evaluation agency that is a member of NACES (National Council of Credential Evaluation Services) www.naces.org. TOEFL scores may also be requested at the discretion of the Admissions Office.