How to Complete the FERPA Release Form
In order for our university offices to release any student information to any other person, the person must be authorized under the FERPA release form.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law that gives students various rights with respect to their educational records.
- Log in to GothicNet: gothicnet.njcu.edu, Enter 7 digit GothicNet/Student Id Number and Password
- Make sure on the top middle portion of your screen you are on the Student Homepage then click on the tile that is labeled “My Profile”
- On the left side of the screen click on “FERPA Release Form” for the form to display.
- Check off the box authorizing NJCU to disclose information regarding your student record.
- Select the type of records that you are authorizing to be released or disclosed.
- Enter information regarding the person you have chosen to release and disclose your record to.
- Select the purpose that your records are being released or disclosed.
- Click “Save” at the bottom of the page to submit.