Criminal Justice Club
Advisor: Dr. Venessa Garcia
Criminal Justice Club Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Purpose of the Criminal Justice Club is to inform students with intended criminal justice majors of the opportunities and benefits of pursuing criminal justice as a career. The Club works to spread awareness of the club to other potential criminal justice majors and other students that attend NJCU. Alumni are encouraged to participate in activities, share experiences, establishing relationships and serve as resources as well as aid in mentoring.
LAMBDA ALPHA EPSILON Omega Delta Chapter
Advisor: Dr. David Chiabi
Lambda Alpha Epsilon is a professional organization that strives to:
- Improve criminal justice through educational activities.
- Foster professionalism in law enforcement personnel and agencies.
- Promote professional, academic, and public awareness of criminal justice issues.
- Encourage the establishment and expansion of higher education and professional training in criminal justice.
- Provide a unified voice for professionals in, and students of, criminal justice.
- Promote high standards of ethical conduct, professional training, and higher education within the criminal justice field (LAE, National ByLaws, http://www.acjalae.org/PdfFiles/Bylaws_PDF.html)
There are many career paths with a degree in criminal justice. Below are a list of federal, state and private organizations and fields you can explore within criminal justice.
New Jersey City University's Academic Career Planning & Placement
Careers in Criminal Justice
State Careers (New Jersey)
Private Industry Careers
- American Board of Criminalistics
- Federal, State and Local Crime Labs
- Drug Abuse Control and Rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Prevention Centers
- Industrial Security
- Youth Agencies
- Juvenile Aid Bureau
- State Youth Boards
- Community Organizers