Resources for Students
- Watch for messages from your faculty members about their plans for transitioning your course to an online environment.
- Faculty may use any number of tools to help facilitate online learning. Please check your NJCU email frequently for information on the instructional plan for your course.
- All courses have a presence on the University’s Blackboard system: http://blackboard.njcu.edu
- Instructors may also use a live video conferencing tool called Blackboard Collaborate or Zoom to help facilitate instruction.
- Support for Students:
- Getting Help:
- If you need help with an academic issue, it is usually best to use Blackboard Learn's self-contained Course Messages tool to send a private message to the professor within the course or follow specific instructions that your professor may provide for contacting him/her. If you have a non-academic, technical Blackboard related issue you may put in a ticket with the IT Help Desk for additional support.
- Please note that during this time of interruption, NJCU will be providing additional support options for students. Up to date information will be announced on the NJCU Blackboard Landing page in the days to come.
Ensuring you’ll be able to access your remote learning environment:
- Most tools will be able to be accessed/deployed from a smartphone or other computer device.
Additional Student Resources and Support Available