Add Your Phone to the COVID-19 Fight: Download COVID Alert NJ
Dear NJCU Community,
At New Jersey City University, we are working hard to keep our campus community safe. The health and safety of each student, faculty and staff member is first and foremost a priority on campus.
The New Jersey Department of Health has the same priority and we are writing to urge you to download COVID Alert NJ, a free and secure mobile app recently released by the NJ’s Department Of Health. NJCU encourages all students, faculty, and staff to learn about the app and how it could assist in keeping you safe and healthy.
COVID Alert NJ anonymously alerts users if they have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. The app will also provide users with up-to-date information on New Jersey reopening news, key COVID-19 metrics, and a user-friendly symptom tracking tool – all while maintaining privacy and anonymity between users.
Add your phone to the COVID fight. With all of us working together, we can continue to protect our loved ones and stop the spread of COVID-19 in our communities. Here’s how you can play a part in keeping our community safe:
- Download COVID Alert NJ today. The app is free via the App Store and Google Play Store.
- Opt in to receive “exposure notifications” on the app. This will allow you to know if you have been in close contact with someone who has the app and has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Encourage at least five of your colleagues, friends or family members to download the app. The app’s effectiveness depends on collective participation — the more people who use it, the more effective it will be. The app can, and should, be used by anyone in New Jersey over the age of 18. The app will work seamlessly with other exposure notifications in the region (e.g., NY, PA, DE).
- Use the app’s daily symptom tracker option. This will become a valuable resource for helping you decide when you should seek professional medical care.
- Continue to follow health precautionary actions in public. Wear a face covering, practice social distancing and hand hygiene, and stay home if you are sick.
To Download the App
- Visit: covid19.nj.gov/app
- In the Apple App Store
- In the Google Play Store
- Use your phone's camera with the QR code at the bottom of this message.