School of Business Honors Program
The School of Business Honors Track—An Extraordinary Opportunity for Exceptional Students
The NJCU School of Business and the Honors Program provide endless opportunities for exceptional students. The School of Business Honors Track is designed for the most talented, motivated, and intellectually curious students in the fields of Accounting, Economics, Finance, Management, and Marketing.
Interested? Learn more:
Each entering first-year student in the Honors Program at the School of Business will receive the following benefits and opportunities:
- Generous Honors Scholarship—The scholarship is renewable for eight semesters as long as the student remains in the Honors Program and is in good standing.
- An academically engaging business core curriculum including a capstone experience.
- An honors cohort-based learning model used to provide a student-centered environment to build strong bonds and support groups, teamwork and professional networks.
- Access to internships, workshops, speakers, and other learning opportunities specific for all students at the School of Business.
- Dedicated Honors Faculty Coordinator, honors sections, and academic advisors to guide students on their academic progress.
- A university-supported transformative co-curricular experience.
- Access to the School of Business Honors Student Lounge.
Honors students enjoy the challenges and rewards of working closely with faculty in small, interactive courses. Beyond the classroom, students can engage in a variety of activities that prepare them to become innovative leaders in their chosen profession and global citizens.
At the School of Business, honors students will complete the course requirements for their respective majors and minors. These courses include the Business Core and the Business General Education curricula, which are listed below. Additionally, honors students at the School of Business will take a capstone course. Honors students maximize their learning experience by taking courses in the Business Core and the Business General Education curricula in sections created specifically for students in the Honors Program.
Business Core (33 credits)
ACCT 251: Financial Accounting
ACCT 252: Management Accounting
FINC 371: Managerial Finance
ECON 203: Business Statistics
MGMT 211: Principles of Management
MGMT 225: Business Enterprise Applications
MGMT 235: Legal Environment of Business
MGMT 241: Global Business
MGMT 251: Operations and Project Management Fundamentals
MGMT 411: Business Policy
MKTG 231: Principles of Marketing
Business General Education (9-10 credits)
ECON 207: Principles of Economics: Macro
ECON 208: Principles of Economics: Micro
MATH 164: Pre-Calculus for Business Students* or ECON 221: Analytics For Business and Economics*
Capstone (3 credits)
BUSI 555: Honors Seminar
* Sections for MATH 164 and ECON 221 courses are not exclusive to honors students.
To be considered, prospective students must first apply and be accepted to New Jersey City University. Students admitted to NJCU with strong academic records will then be invited to apply to our competitive Honors Program.
Questions about the program? Like to meet with someone?