By the end of the NJCU Honors Program’s Core Curriculum, an Honors student will have become:
- an intellectually agile critical thinker and problem-solver who can demonstrate and apply knowledge across disciplines.
- a skilled communicator who can clearly discuss what they mean in written communication.
- a skilled public speaker who can create and construct compelling presentations and spoken arguments.
- a savvy and technologically literate creator and user of information and technology, with abilities to assess and critically evaluate sources.
- a quantitatively and scientifically literate graduate who can make data-driven decisions and address real-world problems by utilizing mathematical applications and appropriate scientific approaches.
- a responsible leader who shows participation in civic engagement and service learning projects, on and off campus.
- a globally engaged citizen who can synthesize cross-cultural knowledge of politics, art, music, culture and ethics across borders.