About This Degree
Prerequisites for Admission
- Completion of the general graduate studies admission requirements.
- A minimum of nine undergraduate credits in psychology.
- Students are admitted for entry into the program for Spring and Fall semesters of each year. All application materials should be submitted to the Office of Graduate Studies and Continuing Education by November 1 or April 1 to be considered for admission for the Spring or Fall semesters, respectively.
- A letter of intent (500 to 1,000 words) describing the candidate’s interest in the field of school psychology, sent to the Office of Graduate Studies and Continuing Education with the student’s application, is required.
- The Graduate Record Examination (Verbal and Quantitative sections) is required; an MAT score is not an option for applicants to this program.
- An individual interview with the Coordinator of the School Psychology Program should be arranged prior to November 1 or April 1.
- Two letters of recommendation attesting to the candidate’s potential for graduate study are required.