How to Accept Your Financial Aid
There is no need to accept institutional aid, federal grants, or federal direct loans. If you wish to decline your federal direct loans, please review the step one below.
1. To decline or reduce your loan,
- Go to www.njcu.edu and click on the GothicNet menu choice at the top of the page.
- Sign in to GothicNet.
- Look under My Menu and click on Students, then click on Student Center.
- Look under Finances, click on Accept/Decline Awards and select the Aid Year.
- On the Award Package page, check off the boxes next to loans you wish to accept.
- To Decline a loan, use the Decline column for the loan(s) you wish to decline.
- To reduce an award, change the amount in the "Accepted" column to the amount you wish to receive. Note: This amount will be divided equally between the fall and spring semesters.
- Then, click Submit. Then you must click YES to submit the request in order to complete the transaction.
- You should receive a Student Confirmation page which verifies that your submission was successful.
2. To complete the Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (required for accepting loans),
- Go to https://studentaid.gov/ - Complete Aid Process
- Click on “Subsidized/Unsubsidized"
- Sign in, using your FSA ID,
- Complete the Master Promissory Note.
3. To complete the Entrance Counseling (required for accepting loans),
If you have any questions regarding this notice please call our office at 201-200-3173.