How to Accept Your Financial Aid
1. To accept or decline your loan,
- Go to www.njcu.edu and click on the GothicNet menu choice at the top of the page.
- Sign in to GothicNet.
- Look under My Menu and click on Students, then click on Student Center.
- Look under Finances, click on Accept/Decline Awards and select the Aid Year.
- On the Award Package page, check off the boxes next to loans you wish to accept.
- Once you click the “accept” box for a loan, you can reduce the loan amount by changing it in the accepted column.
- Then, click Submit. Then you must click YES to submit the request in order to complete the transaction.
- You should receive a Student Confirmation page which verifies that your submission was successful.
2. To complete the Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (required),
- Go to https://studentloans.gov,
- Sign in, using your FSA ID,
- Complete the Master Promissory Note.
- Click on “Subsidized/Unsubsidized.”
3. To complete the Entrance Counseling (required),
If you have any questions regarding this notice please call our office at 201-200-3173.