Global Initiatives Travel Grants
The Office of Global Initiatives provides grants of up to $2,000 each to help students participating in semester abroad pay for expenses like airfare and housing. Scholarships are available at any time throughout the year. Students must submit a Study Abroad application before applying for a travel grant. Early requests for funding are encouraged so that awards can be included in the review of student financials.
- Must be a matriculated full time undergraduate or graduate student participating in a University- approved international experience.
- Completion of at least one semester at NJCU and 3.0 cumulative GPA at time of application.
- These funds are intended to help students reach their funding goal by supplementing other financial resources. Students are expected to demonstrate additional funding for their program costs..
- Complete the Data Form including an essay describing the proposed international experience and its anticipated impact on the student.
- A letter of support from one NJCU faculty and one NJCU Staff member must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Preliminary candidates will be interviewed by a Global Initiatives Staff Member prior to awards.
- Students may only receive funding once during their study at NJCU. A full year semester abroad may be funded for two semesters.
- Students already receiving University funding for international study from other University sources are not eligible.
- Awards will be dispersed to students as a reimbursement check after they have commenced their approved international program.
- No awards will be made retroactively after a student begins their program.
- If an applicant owes money to NJCU, that balance must be paid before the scholarship can be applied.
Questions? Email email@example.com