Resources for Students with Children
The NJCU Community Center recognizes that students with children have multiple priorities that often require outside assistance such as childcare, food and shelter, and medical/health services. To help those students care for their children while remaining successful in their studies, the University has created this resource guide for NJCU student-parents looking for help at the university, county, and/or state level(s). This guide will grow as more resources become known and/or available to the Community Center. We also invite NJCU community members to submit any resources not listed here that might benefit other NJCU students with children. All resources can be emailed to email@example.com.
Use the Docket app for quick access to your children's vaccination information!
Once in the app, go to the "Immunization History" screen and tap the "+" sign in the upper right-hand corner. Add each child's information, and the app will add the relevant vaccination history.
The Division of Professional Education and Lifelong Learning offers the Kids on Campus Program that fosters academic and personal enrichment for children in grades 1-12. We provide academic courses and life skills designed to assist your child succeed inside and outside of the classroom. Our courses are taught by New Jersey Department of Education certified teachers. Classes are often arranged by grade level (Example: Learning through Literature for Grades 1 and 2) and offered online via Zoom. Registration is open NOW!
Kids on Campus Classes Include:
- Private and Group Music Lessons
- Test Preparation
- Learning through Literature
- Improving Mathematical Skills
- Writing and Reading Comprehension
- Problem Solving Made Fun
- And many others!
Other Kids Courses Include:
- Drawing for the Absolute Beginner (Grades 8-12)
- Blogging & Podcasting for Beginners (Grades 8-12)
- Introduction to Microsoft Word (Grades 8-12)
- Introduction to Microsoft PowerPoint(Grades 8-12)
- Introduction to Microsoft Publisher (Grades 8-12)
- Creating Web Pages (Grades 8-12)
- Introduction to Digital Scrapbooking (Grades 8-12)
- Introduction to Photoshop (Grades 8-12)
- Photoshop Elements for the Digital Photographer (Grades 8-12)
- Secrets of Better Photography (Grades 8-12)
- Introduction to Algebra (Grades 8-12)
- SAT/ACT Prep (Grades 11 & 12)
- Kids Recreation
Have questions or need more information? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 201-200-3089.
- HudsonServiceNetwork.org: Contains a wealth of resources for parents in Hudson County
- Hudson County Department of Family Services Division of Welfare: County welfare agency
- Salvation Army - Jersey City: Provides daycare from 7:30 am to 6:30 pm
- Boys and Girls Club of Hudson County: Offers a variety of clubs, programs, and activities for youth ages 5 to 21 that focus on building character and leadership, education and career development, health and life skills, and recreation opportunities
- Head Start and Early Head Start - North Hudson Community Action Corporation: Help to serve children from birth to age five, and their families, at no cost for those eligible
- NJ Parent Link: Serves as a portal for local, state, and federal resources
- Department of Children and Families (DCF): Serves and supports NJ's at risk children and families
- NJ WIC (Women, Infants, and Children): Provides wholesome food, nutrition education and community support for income eligible women who are pregnant and post-partum, infants and children up to five years old
- NJ Children's System of Care (PerformCare New Jersey): Offers behavioral health services in connection with the New Jersey Department of Children and Families
- NJ Family: Lists family events all throughout New Jersey