Admitted Transfer Student Checklist
Admitted Transfer Student Checklist
Checklist for Admitted Transfer Students
For assistance please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Transfer Credit Evaluation
Once your transfer credits have been reviewed, a link to view your credit evaluation will be emailed to you. This is generally completed within 5-7 business days after you receive your acceptance letter. You will need your Gothic ID/Password to access your account. This information along with your NJCU email account has been sent to you. Contact the Student Technology Help Desk email@example.com for assistance with retrieving your password.
If you have any questions regarding your credit evaluation or have not received it, please contact the Transfer Resource Center at 201-200-2056 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Register for Classes
Schedule an appointment to meet with your academic advisor. Check your email for information to schedule appointment with an advisor. Your academic advisor will assist with selecting classes and answer questions regarding your major.
- Spring 2024 (January) – semester begins January 16, 2024. Registration is now open.
- Fall 2024 (September) – semester begins September 3, 2024. Registration will open March 2024. Additional details will be sent via email.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your schedule you can contact the University Advisement Center at 201-200-3033 or via email at email@example.com.
3. Financial Aid
Scholarship recipients must enroll Full-Time into an undergraduate program of study (minimum of 12 credit hours) and maintain a 3.0 GPA for the life of the scholarship.
All scholarship recipients must complete and file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (www.fafsa.gov), and receive a valid Student Aid Report in order to receive the scholarship. Scholarship amounts will be adjusted to direct billed costs of tuition and fees. NJCU Scholarships may not be used to cover cost of Residence Halls. Adjustments will be based upon the result of the FAFSA as well as other scholarships and grants awarded.
Students who have already earned a Bachelor’s Degree are ineligible for Scholarship Awards.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.gov to maximize the grant options available to you. All Scholarship recipients are required to file the FAFSA.
NJCU School code: 002613
- November 1, 2023 for the Spring 2024 term (January start)
- March 1, 2024 for the Fall 2024 term (September start)
Do you want to speak with a Financial Aid Counselor?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject Line: Appointment Needed - student ID.
- In the body of the email indicate if you prefer Virtual or In-Person meeting
- In the body of the email include your first/last name, Student ID or Date of Birth
4. Your Key to Staying Connected at NJCU
Check your GothicNet portal for updates related to Financial Aid, Student Billing, Schedule of Classes and other important University Information.
- Check your NJCU email account for important updates. All University offices and professors will communicate via your NJCU email account.
- Attend Transfer Orientation. Additional information will be sent.
5. Request your Final Transcripts
Submit your final college transcript to the Office of University Admissions. If you have completed college coursework sponsored by another university, you must also request to have those official transcripts submitted to NJCU for transfer credit consideration.
Submit official final transcripts electronically to: email@example.com
- OR –
Via Regular Mail
New Jersey City University
Office of University Admissions – H207
2039 John F. Kennedy Blvd
Jersey City, NJ 07305
6. Living and Learning
*Housing is available on the Jersey City Campus Only
7. Immunization Records/Vaccinations
Request your immunization records from your school or doctor as soon as possible to allow time for processing. New Jersey State Law requires all students born after 1956 to submit proof of immunity to Measles (2 doses), Mumps, and Rubella or file a valid exception.
8. Paying for College
Review your tuition and payment plan options via your GothicNet account.
WELCOME TO NJCU! Go Knights!