Get started on your English as a Second Language Teacher - Additional Certification application here:
APPLY NOW FOR 2021
View Program Page
- A completed graduate application form, including a $55 non-refundable application fee
- A 250-500 word essay discussing your goals and objectives for pursuing admission to the degree program to which you are applying
- Official transcripts from all previous U.S. colleges attended or official NACES course-by-course evaluation of any foreign transcripts*
- A copy of any teaching certification (a list of your certifications can be downloaded on NJDOE website)
- Official documentation of English Language Proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS) or waiver if applicable
- Must hold a standard or CEAS teaching certification in content-based education area. Endorsement such as World Languages (Spanish, etc.), LDTC, TOSD or Reading Specialist does not count as content-based certification; OR
- Must hold a provisional teaching certification in ESL area; OR
- Must hold a CE in ESL, currently active in NPTNJ, and holds a full-time ESL teacher position.
*Note: NJCU does not evaluate international transcripts. In lieu of a transcript, applicants with a non-U.S. degree need to submit a course-by-course evaluation from a NACES Accredited Member that includes U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalency information for their coursework.
*Deadlines are subject to change. Deadline extensions may be granted on a case by case. Please contact Graduate Admissions for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage you to contact graduate admissions with questions about our graduate programs, to get answers to your graduate application questions, or to schedule a visit to NJCU.
Hepburn Hall, Room 206
Phone: (201) 200-3409
Fax: (201) 200-2044
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION