Each graduate program has a unique set of requirements. Applicants MUST apply via the specific program application.
To get started on your application, click the appropriate link below:
Secondary Education Certification- Spring 2020
Secondary Education Certification- Fall 2020
- A completed graduate application form, including a $55 non-refundable application fee
- A 250-500 word essay discussing your goals and objectives for pursuing admission to the degree program to which you are applying
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges attended or official NACES course-by- course evaluation of any foreign transcripts
- Passing scores on Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators – waived if:
- 1660 combined SAT score
- 23 ACT score
- 4.0 analytical writing score and 310 quantitative and verbal GRE scores, or
- NJDOE issued certification(s)
- Passing scores on Praxis II Content Knowledge (see ETS for testing requirement)
- Official documentation of English Language Proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS) or waiver if applicable
Priority Application Deadlines:
Fall: July 1
Spring: December 1
This program is not currently available for international students seeking an F-1 Student Visa
We encourage you to contact graduate admissions with questions about our graduate programs, to get answers to your graduate application questions, or to schedule a visit to NJCU.
Hepburn Hall, Room 206
Toll-Free Phone: 877-652-8472
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
GRADUATE ADMISSIONS OFFICE HOURS
September – May:
Mon and Thu, 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Tues, Wed, Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Mon – Fri, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.