Get started on your Alternate Route P-3 Certification application here:
- A completed graduate application form, including a $55 non-refundable application fee
- A 250-500 word essay discussing your goals and objectives for pursuing admission to the program to which you are applying
- Official transcripts from all previous U.S. colleges attended or official NACES course-by-course evaluation of any foreign transcripts*
- A copy of CE in P-3 (a list of your certifications can be downloaded on NJDOE website)
- Official documentation of English Language Proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS)or waiver if applicable
- Passing scores on Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators - waived if:
- 1660 combined SAT score
- 23 ACT score
- 4.0 analytical writing score and 310 quantitative and verbal GRE scores, or
- NJDOE issued certification(s)
- Passing scores on Praxis II Content Knowledge: Early Childhood Education
- Employment verification letter to provide a proof of full-time employment as a lead teacher in P-3 setting
- 50 hour Introduction to Teaching PreK-3 course verification form (Contact the Office of Professional and Lifelong Learning (PELL) for more information)
*Note: NJCU does not evaluate international transcripts. In lieu of a transcript, applicants with a non-U.S. degree need to submit a course-by-course evaluation from a NACES Accredited Member that includes U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalency information for their coursework.
Priority Application Deadlines:
Fall: July 1
Spring: December 1
International Applicants: This program is not currently available to international students seeking an F-1 Student Visa
We encourage you to contact graduate admissions with questions about our graduate programs, to get answers to your graduate application questions, or to schedule a visit to NJCU.
Hepburn Hall, Room 206
Toll-Free Phone: 877-652-8472
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
GRADUATE ADMISSIONS OFFICE HOURS
September - May:
Mon and Thu, 8:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tues, Wed, Fri, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Mon - Fri, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.