Get started on your Alternate Route P-3 Certification application here:
APPLY NOW FOR 2022
- A completed graduate application form, including a $55 non-refundable application fee
- A 250-500 word essay discussing your goals and objectives for pursuing admission to the program to which you are applying
- Official transcripts from all previous U.S. colleges attended or official NACES course-by-course evaluation of any foreign transcripts*
- A copy of regular CE in P-3 (temporary CE not acceptable) (a list of your certifications can be downloaded on NJDOE website)
- Official documentation of English Language Proficiency (TOEFL/IELTS)
- Passing scores on Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators or waiver if applicable
- Passing scores on Praxis II Content Knowledge: Early Childhood Education
- Employment verification letter to provide a proof of full-time employment as a lead teacher in P-3 setting
- 50 hour Introduction to Teaching PreK-3 course verification form. Contact the Office of Professional and Lifelong Learning (PELL) for more information about the 50 Hour Course)
- (This can be waived if you already have a CEAS or standard license in another area. Please contact department chair to discuss waiver eligibility)
*Note: NJCU does not evaluate international transcripts. In lieu of a transcript, applicants with a non-U.S. degree need to submit a course-by-course evaluation from a NACES Accredited Member that includes U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalency information for their coursework.
*Deadlines are subject to change.
*Requirements listed above are subject to change at any time based on NJDOE updates.
This program is not currently available to international students seeking an F-1 student visa
We encourage you to contact graduate admissions with questions about our graduate programs, to get answers to your graduate application questions, or to schedule a visit to NJCU.
Hepburn Hall, Room 206
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION